“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”, said Hippocrates, father of medicine.
Do you eat food just to get through the day? Did you ever stop to think about the wonders regular food in your kitchen is capable of doing to your body? Although food has been considered a ‘medicine’ in most cultures, it still seems to be underestimated. The question is – Why do we give food less importance as a ‘medicine’ than it deserves?
In this article, we bring you some common fruits and vegetables that can transform your body and heal you of some common diseases:
· Apple – Helps build immunity, relieves headache and constipation
· Kiwi – lowers LDL cholesterol and blood pressure
· Banana – Provides energy, cures constipation and allergies
· Dates – Relieves constipation and alcoholic intoxication
· Grapes –Relieves constipation and migraine
· Broccoli – Provides immunity, reduced risk of cancer (when consumed over a long period of time)
· Carrots – Helps in preventing tooth decay, digestion, constipation and thread worms
· Cucumber – Relieves constipation, skin eruptions
· Onion – Beneficial in treatment of anaemia and blood cholesterol
· Spinach – Prevents anaemia
So you better start giving food the importance it deserves or else tiny blueberries (stacked one upon another, of course) with a cape over the shoulder will haunt your dreams. Blueberry is a Superfood, you see. Happy Eating!
4. Foods that Heal, H.K. Bakhru